The UNICKO System
The Unicko system enables synchronous group sessions to be held in the framework of distance learning or a professional webinars.
The system boasts a range of tools such as video, spoken dialogue, a writing pad, screen sharing, chat, and so on.
The system can be utilized by means of two browsers: Chrome and Firefox.
The system can only be used on mobile appliances with an Android operating system.
Entry into the system is achieved via a link to the session classroom. No program installation is required.
Prior to entering the virtual classroom, you can ensure that your microphone is operational by means of the "Check Microphone" button.
Below please find the most important tools for using the system.
On the menu on the right side of the screen:
- Camera – To activate the camera, click on the camera icon;
- Microphone – To activate the microphone, click on the microphone icon;
- For permission to speak, click on the hand icon ("Raise Hand");
- Saving files – To save files, click on the disk icon ("Save Whiteboard Files");
- Loading files – To load PNG, JPG, PDF, Word, PowerPoint or Excel files, click on the blue arrow icon ("Upload Files");
- Chat – On the left side of the screen, you can view the list of participants and the chat box;
N.B.: The remaining tools – "Poll", "Recording", and "Disable/Enable Touch" – will be visible to the lecturer only.
When approved by the lecturer, the following menu, on the left side of the screen, will be activated:
- "Slideshow" – Loading a presentation that was uploaded to the class;
- "Whiteboard" – Drawing and writing on a blank screen;
- "Webcam" – A window in which the active cameras are displayed;
- "Text Editor" – Writing and editing an online text;
- "Video" – Loading a video file or link to a video from YouTube;
- "Screen Sharing" – Sharing the lecturer's or a student's screen with the participants.
If you have any queries or problems, you can contact us
and we'll be glad to be of assistance:
Dr. Miki Kritz – Miki.Kritz@smkb.ac.il
Dr. Arye Ben-Chayim, Director of the Online Academy – firstname.lastname@example.org
Simone Brown, Coordinator of the Online Academy – email@example.com
International Channel Secretariat – firstname.lastname@example.org; +972-3-6901488