Social Media Tools as Online Learning Environments
Course Developer and Lecturer
Dr. Danny Glick
Social media have revolutionized communication, business, and even the way we interact on a day-to-day basis. This course will show you how social media tools can be used to introduce innovation into the online classroom and how a course that you teach can be transformed into an online social media-enhanced course.
Course Objectives and Outline
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Choose the right social media tool for your online course;
- Understand the key differences among the various social media tools as well as the key benefits they offer;
- Demonstrate familiarity with pedagogical principles for designing engaging, pedagogically-sound social media-enhanced activities;
- Align social media-enhanced activities with the intended course outcomes;
- Plan and Develop a social media-enhanced course;
- Analyze the content and topics of a course that you teach or are familiar with, and
- transform these into an online social media-enhanced course;
- Teach an online social media-enhanced course.
The course outline
The course is intended for teachers and teacher educators interested in learning about social media-enhanced courses and in how they can transform the course they teach into an online social media-enhanced course. This course is designed to be suitable for teachers and teacher educators from a wide variety of disciplines with little or no experience in teaching social media-enhanced courses.
- English fluency;
- An academic degree at the Bachelor's level;
- Computer literacy.
A single course costs 250$.
Wish to register for more than one course?
Seeking discounts and scholarships?